- Date Posted: 12/10/2022
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Hybrid Working (after qual. period), bonus, healthcare
- Division: Personal Claims
- Reference: SWLM
Claims Handler - Personal Claims
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UKs largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Claims Handler to join its Personal Lines Claims Team in Twickenham.
Our claims team are our ‘Shop Front’ and at Sutton Winson we specialise in delivering 5* customer service! Our personal claims department handle a wide variety of claims for many different clients who have home, motor, travel and personal accident insurance policies with us.
This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing team and work for a company that will support you with developing skills in all aspects of Claims Handling, enabling you to manage claims from cradle to grave and everything in between.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As a Claims Handler for Sutton Winson, you will:
- Handle of variety of personal claims with excellent communication skills and an empathic approach
- Support your clients through sometimes difficult situations with a calm and knowledgeable attitude
- Ensure systems are up to date and administration completed accurately and within set deadlines
- Build excellent rapport with your clients, leading to long-lasting relationships
- Understand the UK Insurance Industry and the Principles of Insurance
- Work towards becoming a Claims Negotiator
- Learn to operate our Broking Systems (Acturis and Tristan)
- Work within a friendly and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Playing an integral part in the Personal Claims Team and wider Personal Division, you’ll have a good basic understanding of personal lines products and be confident to take ownership of you clients with positivity, passion and professionalism.
We are particularly looking for someone who can bring:
- Exceptional previous customer service experience
- Home/ Personal claims handling experience
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Negotiation skills and decision-making confidence
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- Problem solving skills - you must enjoy a challenge
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Empathy and patience preferably with experience of dealing with vulnerable customers
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence and, ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- A Cert CII qualification or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey.
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE - REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Receive expert technical training on our Claims service from end to end
- Receive full funding and support to gain an industry recognised CII qualification
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded CII pathway (including membership, study materials, exam entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Daily dress-down – it’s about what you do, not what you wear!
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Town centre office close to Twickenham station (no parking available).
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR?
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond.
We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders
- A CCII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, develop, progress and succeed as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.