For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Claims Handler (Household Insurance Claims)
- Date Posted: 26/02/2021
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Fully Funded CII Journey, Profit-share bonus and more
- Division: Personal Insurance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UKs largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Home Claims Handler to join its Personal Lines Claims Team in Twickenham.
Claims are the ‘Shop Front’ of the Insurance sector and one of the most challenging and rewarding environments within the industry.
Our Personal Lines Claims Team, based in Twickenham, handle a wide variety of claims for many different clients who have home, motor, travel and personal accident insurance policies with us.
This role focuses on Home Claims and offers you a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing team and work for a company that will support you with developing skills in all aspects of Claims Handling, enabling you to manage Home claims from cradle to grave up to a high financial limit under our various Delegated Authority arrangements.
As a Claims Handler for Sutton Winson, you will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the UK Insurance Industry and the Principles of Insurance
- Receive expert technical training on our Claims service from end to end
- Receive full funding and support to gain an industry recognised CII qualification
- Work towards becoming a Claims Negotiator within a company that is recognised industry–wide as having an excellent reputation for developing & nurturing staff
- Learn to operate our Broking Systems (Acturis and Tristan)
- Develop your customer service skills to build and manage key internal and external relationships
- Work within a friendly and supportive team
So, if you’ve been handling Home Insurance Claims at either an insurer, broker or in a Loss Adjusting firm, enjoy solving problems, are an analytical thinker and pride yourself on being a resilient people person, not afraid to ask questions, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Bring
Playing an integral part in the Personal Claims Team and wider Personal Division, you’ll have a good basic understanding of Home Insurance products and be confident to take ownership of you clients with positivity, passion and professionalism.
We are particularly looking for someone who can bring:
- Home claims handling experience
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Negotiation skills and decision-making confidence
- Ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- Problem solving skills - you must enjoy a challenge!
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Empathy and patience preferably with experience of dealing with vulnerable customers
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence and, ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- A Cert CII qualification or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey
Most of all, you will thrive on taking on new challenges and pushing your own personal development boundaries. We will also be looking at personality, team fit and someone who could genuinely make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
What you can expect from Sutton Winson
We love working with great people and, even more so, we love to support, nurture and develop. We want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
As well as a rewarding role within a fun and supportive environment, you’ll be offered some great benefits including:
- A generous annual salary with regular reviews PLUS Annual Profit Share Bonus after qualifying period
- Fully funded CII studies, plus CII Membership and time off for studying and exams
- Regular training opportunities
- Team Building events
- An opportunity to get involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility programme
- Medical Cover (EquipsMe)
- Annual salary reviews
- Season Ticket loans + more
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Have recently achieved Chartered status
- Were voted one of the Top 5 Independent Insurance Brokers to Work for
- Won a Training award at the Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018!
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently. We work hard to recruit the right people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to develop their skills and knowledge.
Work. Life. Balance.
Our bright, open-plan offices in Twickenham are based in the town centre, close to the mainline station and bus routes.
We offer a daily dress down in-office policy and provide free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water.
Whilst we demand excellence, we also have fun, celebrating our successes throughout the year and encouraging collaborative working through team building events, team lunches and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
COVID-19 – The health and safety of our staff is paramount, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could be your next career move, apply today and let us know what you could bring.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.