- Date Posted: 03/11/2022
- Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8:45 - 17:00
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Hybrid (after qual. period), Bonus, Fully funded CII Training
- Division: Development & International
- Reference: SWRS
Business Development Handler
Are you an enthusiastic communicator who enjoys developing client relationships?
Are you a passionate go-getter who thrives in a goal-orientated environment?
If so, then we need to talk to you!!
Our highly successful Development and International team are looking for a bubbly and enthusiastic BD Handler to work closely with our BD Manager to bring new and exciting business in to the team and build rapport with potential new clients. You will also be responsible for delivering an accurate, efficient and tailored service to potential clients!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be pivotal in providing day-to-day support to the Manager working to bring in new business. In addition, you will also:
- Respond to incoming new business enquiries in a timely fashion
- Fact find, approach insurers and secure the business with support from the Manager
- Provide an accurate and efficient service to clients, in line with the company and department’s procedures, agreed service standards, insurer and industry regulations
- Manage databases to ensure prospect lists (company data, contacts etc) plus any associated records/file notes are always current, valid and maintained in good order
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure that any prospects/leads from any current and/or future campaigns are recorded and relayed to relevant colleague/teams on a timely basis
- Build relationships, predominantly over the telephone but also over time involving site visits and event attendance and similar as may be necessary, with prospective clients to support Manager ensure continual flow of new business enquiries to relevant colleagues/teams
- Help identify potential business opportunities or threats occurring, recommend response and report to Manager
- Deliver growth through client relationships (e.g. prospects, referrals, up-selling, cross-selling).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexibility and a desire to meet clients needs in a proactive and positive manner
- The ability to make quick decisions and prioritise effectively
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Be organised and structured in your approach
- The desire to achieve your full potential and embrace additional training and development opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE - REWARDS & BENEFITS:
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measure. In return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded and supported CII pathway (including membership, study materials, exam entry and paid study leave) plus generous achievement awards
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) supporting you within your career and personal life
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Daily dress-down – It’s about what you do, not what you wear!
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR?
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. We love working with great people and, even more so, we love to support, nurture and develop. We want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders since 1998
- A CCII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development.
Interested? Then please apply with your CV
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.