- Date Posted: 05/10/2017
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Personal Lines
- Contact: Recruit@swib.co.uk
Assistant Claims Manager - Personal Insurance
As a member of the overall claims team working out of our Twickenham office, you will work as part of a smaller team focusing on Delegated Authority claims handling. You will be supporting the employees and retirees of our client organisations by handling claims end-to end for Home, PA and Travel and assisting with claims queries for other personal lines products.
As an Assistant Manager, you will also provide team leadership and Delegated Authority administrative support to the Claims Manager, manage a caseload of claims and mentor, train and coach other members of the team.
We are seeking a proactive, highly organised and enthusiastic individual with strong communication skills and a desire to develop their professional career.
Providing team management assistance for Claims Manager, to include:
- Training, mentoring and coaching team of Claims Advisers/Senior Advisers
- Organising and managing workflow within the team to meet Service Level Agreements
- Collation and provision of Management Information to support existing and forthcoming Delegated Authority agreements with insurers
- Managing own caseload of Home, PA and Travel claims ensuring that clients receive an exceptional level of service while demonstrating cost control
- Demonstrating excellent organisation skills and be confident maintaining and building client, insurer and supply chain relationships.
- Resolving escalated complaints within FCA guidelines and according to Sutton Winson’s complaints procedures
Skills and experience
- An enthusiastic, confident communicator with strong customer service values
- Someone who can demonstrate their ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- High degree of accountability
- Ability to organise workload of self and others to achieve service level agreements
- Track record of training and coaching others
- Flexible approach and willing to learn
- Agile thinker, able to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Problem solving skills and enjoys a challenge
- Very strong attention to detail
- Resilient – able to deal with difficult phone calls and giving bad news
- Extensive experience in Personal Lines Claims (Home/ Car/ Personal Accident / Travel) with either a broker, insurer or similar organisation
- Cert CII qualified as a minimum
- Higher education qualifications such as A Level or Degree preferred, however a Minimum GCSE grade C (or equivalent) achieved in: Maths, English and Science will be acceptable.