For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
- Date Posted: 02/11/2020
- Employment Type: Part Time - Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Initially Tuesday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.00pm (21.75 hours per week)
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Employee Benefits
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and flexible part-time office based Administrator to work in their Personal Lines Team in Twickenham.
Our Personal Lines Team is responsible for providing tailored insurance policies for private individuals and for managing client relationships. Based in our Twickenham office, you will provide a key role in supporting the team with a wide range of Administrative duties, including (but not limited to):
- Answering calls, monitoring voicemail boxes and fielding enquiries
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and scanning documents
- Printing and checking documentation
- Monitoring our central email inbox and distributing emails appropriately
- Providing Reception cover (lunchtimes, ad hoc and holiday cover)
- Franking (ad hoc and holiday cover)
- Inputting and updating client records
- Dealing with Insurer documentation (distributing and placing on client records)
- Processing straightforward renewals (full training provided)
- Ad hoc projects using Word and Excel
- Providing general Team support, when required
Previous Insurance experience is not necessary as full training will be provided.
Please note that this role will be office based. The part time hours stated are based on our current situation during Covid-19 and may be subject to change after restrictions have been relaxed, it's therefore essential that you can offer flexibility as hours/days may change in the future, depending on business need.
What you’ll bring to the role
We’re looking for a friendly, confident communicator who can provide an efficient and broad range of Administrative support to the Team. In particular, we’d like you to have:
- Excellent organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident and considerate communication (verbally and in writing) and an ability to adapt to your audience
- A positive approach to learning and an ability to pick up new skills & knowledge quickly in order to adapt to the business
- An ability to work well under your own steam and be comfortable asking questions
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- Strong IT confidence (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes in English Language and Maths
What you can expect from Sutton Winson
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun and relaxed working environment
- A competitive salary
- Annual Profit Share Bonus (after a qualifying period)
- Equipse Me Healthcare (optional)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days annual leave rising annually up to 27 days (pro-rata)
- Season Ticket Loans
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic team and develop personally and professionally
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. To back this up we:
- Are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
Work. Life. Balance.
Our bright, open plan office in Twickenham is based close to the town centre, minutes from the mainline station and bus routes.
We offer a daily dress down policy and provide free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water.
Whilst we demand excellence, we also have fun, celebrating our successes throughout the year and encouraging collaborative working through team building events and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
COVID-19 – Please be assured that we are undertaking regular Covid-19 Risk Assessments and have implemented a wide range of safety measures in our offices to ensure our staff have a clean, safe working environment at all times whilst on the premises.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.