- Date Posted: 10/06/2022
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Funded professional training, hybrid working (after qual period)
- Division: Finance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their well-respected Finance Team based in Twickenham.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our busy Finance Team in Twickenham for an Accounts Assistant. This is an interesting and varied role, dealing with all types of Accounts processes within our busy Finance Team.
You will be someone who is a confident communicator and comfortable building good working relationships with our internal and external clients. You’ll enjoy team working and be equally as confident managing your own work streams. With exceptional organisational skills you will also be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Ideally your previous Accounts experience will have been gained whilst working within an Insurance Broker or the Insurance Industry, however this is not essential as industry training will be provided.
Responsibilities and duties to include:
- Process and reconcile receipts from customers
- Process and reconcile insurer statements
- Liaise with Account Handlers and Insurers to resolve queries as appropriate
- Review and maintain debtor and creditor ageing on Client and Insurer ledgers
- Process payments and refunds for clients
- Perform operating system and Bank reconciliations
- Processing invoices, expenses and credit cards and obtaining the relevant approval
- Preparing payment runs on a weekly basis
- Assist in Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Assist in month end close
- Maintain aging on Creditors within Current balance
- Provide any Ad hoc support as and when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Team working - you’ll be confident to work alongside your Team or under your own steam - and won’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Good with Numbers - a basic understanding of Accounting functions would be an advantage
- Effective communication - you’ll be confident communicating verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning – you’ll be proactive with learning the role and also committed to undertaking professional development as required.
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- IT confidence – you’ll have strong MS Office skills (Word and Excel) and, ideally, some experience of Xero Accounting Software. Full system training will be provided
- Educated to a minimum GCSE/ O Level standard with passes in Maths and English Language
Most of all, you’ll thrive on taking on new challenges and pushing your own personal development boundaries. We will also be looking at personality, team fit and someone who could genuinely make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders since 1998
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development
REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus (non-contractual)
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Health Insurance Plan
- Fully funded professional development, plus achievement awards
- Daily dress-down
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Town centre office close to Twickenham station
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, develop, progress and succeed as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.