For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
To protect your long-term investment
Whether you are importing bladders, bottling and distributing or importing/exporting without handling, wines and spirits sector carries very specific risks and insurance requirements. Specialist knowledge can make a meaningful difference to premiums, cover and claims.
We are an independent broker with years of experience in wine trade insurance. We know how to protect you for claims arising out of HMRC duty and other risks such as stolen merchandise. We know how best to help you manage stained label clauses in cargo contracts, for example. In addition, we are often successful in seeking funding from insurers to help you reduce your exposure to risk and ultimately reduce premiums.
Tailor-made Wine Trade and Wine Merchants Insurance
There are lots of ways we can work with you to improve your cover:
- We can tailor-make the right level of cover for all of your Public, Employer, Haulage/Motor, Property, Business Interruption and Professional Liabilities, whilst keeping the cost of cover as low as possible
- We can include Marine Cargo Cover for specific risks like stained label and value your wine or spirit at the time of loss – not cost
- You can use our Contract Review service to assess your client and supplier contracts, so that any gaps in insurance cover can be identified to keep your stock fully protected at all times
- Our Risk Management specialists can help you to improve your health and safety performance and reduce claims with an initial audit, practical tips, training and data analysis. We can often secure part-funding from the insurer for this work.
- We can provide Trade Credit Insurance to protect against protracted customer payment or payment default, and duty deferment bonds to manage cashflow on HMRC demands
In-house claims, with you all the way
Our in-house Claims team are here to support any claims you may have, and will advocate on your behalf, helping to get claims settled faster, with less administrative burden on you and your team.
If you would like to find out more about our bespoke wine trade insurance, contact Joe today.
Sutton Winson had an immediate impact, not only by improving our insurance protection but also by supporting our Operational team with Health & Safety improvements. We feel they are a trusted partner who has demonstrated a real passion for our success. I’d recommend others to speak to them before their next Insurance review.