For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Ports & Terminals
Insurance with client-side experience
For operational ports – including passenger, freight and container terminals and marinas – insurance requirements can be complex. For larger operators, particularly those with multiple facilities, administering diverse claims can also be a challenge.
Our Ports & Terminals Insurance expert, Tania, has over 15 years client-side experience managing the Group Insurance requirements for one of the UK’s largest operators.
She can help you to protect your employees and assets and meet your obligations to your shipping lines. As a Sutton Winson client you will also benefit from our in-house Risk Management and in-house Claims services.
Tailored Ports & Terminals Insurance
Our bespoke Ports & Terminals Insurance can include:
- Cover for all of your Public, Employer’s and Professional Liabilities, Asset protection and Business Interruption Insurance to cover major catastrophes
- Protection against shipping lines claims for damage to ships or cargo or claims from their passengers and crew
- Using our Contract Review service to highlight insurance gaps between you, your shipping lines and contractors
- Working with you on Risk Management, helping you to identify and control risk, minimise claims and potentially reduce premiums
- Providing Trade Credit Insurance to protect you against protracted customer payment or payment default, or contractual failings caused by a contractor or supplier
- Supporting you with our professional in-house Claims team, ensuring maximum efficiency and minimal administration for you
Increasing transparency and reducing the insurance tax burden
Moving across from a commission-based model to a fee-based model is just one way we can increase transparency for you. With the commission removed from premiums, this can also reduce the Insurance Premium Tax you pay.
Our in-house Claims team are expert at managing claims on behalf of clients, removing the administrative burden and fighting for better terms when necessary.
If you would like to find out more about Ports & Terminals Insurance from Sutton Winson, contact Tania today.
Sutton Winson's experience and support has been crucial in delivering a comprehensive insurance programme both in the UK and across Europe. They provide added value as we always question and consider where we may be at risk and how best to deal with it from a risk and insurance perspective.