Many Sutton Winson insured clubs experience damage to their property during the winter months.
Remember that not all costs incurred by weather damage are covered by insurance and it’s worthwhile considering:
- Policy excesses you might pay in the event of a claim. To avoid these payments, it is better to try and prevent damage instead of dealing with the after-effects
- Time contributed by members to help repair any damage
- Inconvenience obtaining estimates/quotations for replacement items and professional services such as plumbers, electricians and plasterers (especially when adverse weather conditions impacts their availability)
- The period of time that areas of the club (or the whole club) are unfit for use
- Possible loss of membership
- The inconvenience of hiring an alternative venue.
If you’d like help with any aspects of your club’s insurance or wish to review your cover, call our Bowls and Racquets team on 0844 815 0115.
Category: Bowls & Racquets
I lead the Trade Credit division of Sutton Winson having launched it in 2015 and also manage our Food & Drink sector proposition. Prior to that, I have held senior positions at Euler Hermes, the UK’s largest Trade Credit Insurer and have also worked in treasury and finance roles in the industry.