Many Sutton Winson insured clubs experience damage to their property during the winter months.
Remember that not all costs incurred by weather damage are covered by insurance and it’s worthwhile considering:
- Policy excesses you might pay in the event of a claim. To avoid these payments, it is better to try and prevent damage instead of dealing with the after-effects
- Time contributed by members to help repair any damage
- Inconvenience obtaining estimates/quotations for replacement items and professional services such as plumbers, electricians and plasterers (especially when adverse weather conditions impacts their availability)
- The period of time that areas of the club (or the whole club) are unfit for use
- Possible loss of membership
- The inconvenience of hiring an alternative venue.
If you’d like help with any aspects of your club’s insurance or wish to review your cover, call our Bowls and Racquets team on 0844 815 0115.
Categories: Bowls & Racquets
I am a manager within our commercial division, where I have responsibility for our Enterprise team and specialist Commercial Schemes, including our affinity business partners. I have over 25 years industry experience and joined Sutton Winson in 2004, progressing to the management team in 2009.
I hold the Advanced Diploma in Insurance from the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) and have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and adding value beyond insurance placement.